Nature's True Colors
Leads and manages the development and execution of marketing, portfolio management and other activities for all product lines and services for the client. Reports directly to the GM and is part of the management team of the business. Manages relationships with outside marketing agencies and tradeshow partners and is solely responsible for approving content for all communications, media and tradeshow events.
• Develops and executes annual marketing strategy and planning across business unit.• Oversees communications strategy and planning across business unit.• Translates business objectives into individual brand marketing campaigns and guides direction of investment decisions.• Works closely with both our R&D team leads to determine any changes or additions to our portfolio.• Demonstrates strong understanding and sensitivity to consumer journey and identifies opportunities to influence it.• Conducts market analysis to help guide recommended changes or additions to the portfolio.• Responsible for developing and executing launch plans for new products.• Manages media and channel relationships with outside agencies, vendors, or partners ensuring alignment with defined goals and objectives.• Reviews and approves digital media plans developed by agency.• Leverages analytics to interpret digital marketing metrics and develop recommendation to optimize ROIC.• Continuously develops an understanding of digital technologies with an eye toward applying best practices to the business.• Responsible for developing and managing the marketing/A&P budget.• Partners with sales to determine which tradeshows to attend and then owns the decision on budget and scale of effort for each show.• Produces tradeshow metrics, measuring success of show, attendance, benefit of participating in the future and success of meeting company objectives.• Manages relationships with outside partners related to tradeshow management, overseeing the responsibilities of outside agencies.Supervisory Responsibilities• Develops, coaches and mentors peers, indirect and subordinate staff.• Directly supervises Sales & Marketing Coordinator.• If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
• Master’s degree plus 5 years of marketing communications strategy and planning, digital marketing, media planning, public relations agency, brand/corporate communications, marketing account management, or commerce marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of marketing communications strategy and planning, digital marketing, media planning, public relations agency, brand/corporate communications, marketing account management, or commerce marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience effectively presenting information to top management.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Experience negotiating contracts with external vendors.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
• Required travel to business meetings and tradeshows as needed. (Approximately 10-15% of time and includes international.