A different kind of chemistry company driven to create a better world through the power of our chemistry
Thermal Systems EngineerNewark, DE
This highly visible, key role will support R&D projects within the Thermal & Specialty Solutions business with specific focus on refrigerant development and system integration and evaluation for the automotive industry.
- Support projects related to automotive thermal management to meet strategic growth objectives while working closely and maintaining good relationships with partners (laboratories, startups, universities), Tier 1 suppliers and Manufacturers.
- Designing and leading execution of experiments in lab environment.
- Analyze data independently, draw statistically based conclusions and determine next steps.
- Engage key external customers to develop and understand the tradeoffs on equipment design when adopting new solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization, customers and partners.
- Knowledge or the desire to learn fluorochemical science and related application technologies.
Travel 10-25% of time to customers and partners.
- Mechanical (or chemical) engineering degree with 5 years of work experience (advanced degree is a plus).
- Relevant experience working on refrigeration or air conditioning equipment at component (e.g., compressors, heat exchangers, etc.) or system level.
- Ability to work in a team environment with high degree of initiative and self-motivation and flexibility to monitor and move projects forward quickly and safely.