Senior Manager - Conventions & ExhibitsPrinceton, NJ
The Senior Manager, Conventions & Exhibits will be responsible for the successful end-to-end planning, management, coordination & execution of US and EU Congresses and Conferences. We’re looking for an innovative and effective individual who is a self-starter –who will create positive working relationships and deliver a high-quality conference experience for internal stakeholders at Genmab. This individual will have outstanding communication, project management skills, and a winning mindset. The Senior Manager, Conventions & Exhibits must possess a proven track record of experience in conventions, event marketing and trade shows.
- Planning and execution of commercial/global congress activities for Genmab Brand Marketing teams for Commercial and Global Medical Affairs (GMA) in collaboration with internal stakeholders including exhibit booth design, sponsorship and advertising opportunities, and ancillary meetings.
- Collaborate with GMA and brand marketing on key congresses to define requirements, develop tactical/logistical plans and timelines, drive implementation of all phases of the event to ensure programs are successful and meet objectives.
- Develop and manage relationships with multiple vendors to ensure collaboration of booth design, objectives, budget, booth engagements, etc to drive attendance to our booth.
- High level of professionalism and positive working relationships through condensed timelines.
- Negotiate contracts with association and vendors ensuring favorable agreements.
- Manage and maintain compliance standards by collaborating with regulatory, legal and compliance to ensure content for programs are aligned with Genmab’s policy and procedures.
- Collaborate with business leaders across the company to ensure the plans translate into business needs and objectives.
- Plan, coordinate, manage and deliver events pre, during and post on time, within budget, that meet (or exceed) expectations.
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple conferences simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Consult on tactics for pre-and post-event engagement to extend the reach and increase business impact.
- Deliver all work with clear objectives that are measurable and report on them post event.
- Assist with building congress schedule and yearly budget.
- Collaborate with finance team on charge backs and planning appropriately for quarterly and end of year accruals.
- Budget management + ability toprocess invoices in a timely manner while partnering closely with Accounts Payable.
- Travel to select Congresses as needed. This may include weekend and evening hours.
•A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
•5+ years of congress/ exhibit planning, event marketing management experience preferably in the healthcare industry.
•International event management experience a plus.
•A general understanding of the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical industry with compliance, legal and regulatory requirements affecting event delivery.
•Strong collaborator, and the ability to start with a big idea and move it through project completion.
•Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
•Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to achieve goals in a timely fashion.
•Strong oral and written communication skills. Must communicate effectively and professionally with all levels within the organization and with our external customers.
•Work closely with teammates to ensure all work is completed for supported programs(s) within required timeframes with a results-focused attitude.
•Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word,and PowerPoint) and productivity tools (Teams).
•Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent negotiation skills.