Chief Executive Officer
Together, We Create Healthier Lives
Senior Electrical Embedded Hardware EngineerCharleston, SC (Onsite)
• Ability to design using state of the art engineering tools and techniques.
• Research and develop new concepts, working with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to design new products and improve existing products.
• Contributes to the development of new products by developing the architecture and strategy for analog and digital circuit design.
• Participate in engineering reviews, such as schematic, layout, and DFM, with both cross-functional teams and external engineering partners.
• Develop and qualify hardware changes, new components and design/process changes.
• Implement detailed analog circuit designs with digital control to meet specifications.
• Verify timing and signal integrity using circuit level and behavioral level simulations or analysis.
• Validate PCB functionality and characterize circuit performance in the lab.
• Release product(s) to manufacturing.
• Provide sustaining support when needed for existing products.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• 7+ years related experience, preferably in biopharma, medical devices, robotics, or related industry.
• Strong Engineering Design level skills required.
• Competent in PCB CAD software (Altium preferred)
• Experience with FPGA/CPLD Design and integration.
• Understanding of analog & digital circuits (motor control, microcontrollers, SPI, I2C, optical sensors, etc.)
• Experience in the design and development of visual optical, optoelectronic, and optomechanical systems.
• Experience developing electronic systems for robots
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Skills and Abilities
• Compliance experience for 60601-1, CISPR 22, UL, TUV ,21 CFR 820, and ability to work in a regulated environment.
• Demonstrated skills in scientific and engineering methodologies, design of experiment skills in solving complex systems optimization problems and basic optical systems design.
• Proficiency in Altium Designer preferred.
• Knowledge of Product Life Management (PLM) tools.
• Demonstrate ownership and integrity of work.
• Must have a great team attitude, and work well with others.
• Programming ability (Python, embedded C/C++)