Creating a World Without Limits for People with Diabetes and Related Conditions
Principal UX Lead - Global Digital SolutionsMalvern, PA (Remote)
The Principal UX Lead is an essential product design professional and a voice of user experience
excellence in the design of all Lifescan digital interfaces. This role leads the experience design of
patient-centric products and possesses futuristic thinking and intellectual curiosity about digital
healthcare in the years ahead. The role requires a track record of success in user experience for digital
products including mobile, web applications, and interoperable devices. It requires deep knowledge of
agile new product development processes, ideally within a medical device, other healthcare or other
regulated industry. In addition, the ability to understand complex interconnected product portfolios.
This role contains a combination of hands-on UX exercise and vendor management of other external UX
resources. The role must be accountable for the successful delivery of UX assets and product
The position reports to the Senior Principal UX Lead will work closely with functional product and
program managers to drive successful delivery of UX for all product portfolio objectives. The individual
must maintain a strategic understanding of business objectives by aligning with leadership across the
Product organization as well as the broader Lifescan product organization.
• Performs project management functions to ensure that user experience deliverables are
completed on-time and within budget. Drives milestone deliverables and proactively reports on
project risks, metrics, and outcomes.
• Works closely with cross-functional project teams in the scoping of innovative new product
solutions. Supervises the creation of all manner of UX/UI from initial concepting, wireframing
through to finished product.
• Define usability goals and develop metrics for measuring how well the product meets the
• Organize concept creation workshops, create new concepts, brainstorm new user interface
ideas and build mock-ups. Evaluate design concepts and user interface prototypes with end
• Plan usability evaluations and design tests, recruit participants, conduct usability tests, analyze
results and recommend changes, rewrite specifications related to changed features.
• Plan and conduct site visits, analyze and document field research results, create environment
and user profiles, report use study results.
• Ensures alignment of product UX to all applicable OneTouch family standards
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent years of experience
• 5+ years experience in UX within a digital product environment
• Expertise in diabetes is preferred
• Regulated industry experience preferred
• Expertise in digital therapeutics is of benefit
• Experience working on products with a global footprint is preferred
• Experience with digital (mobile and web) and on-device software for blood glucose meters,
insulin pumps and/or other medical devices.
• Knowledge and leadership skills to collaborate cross-functionally within Agile Product Teams
• Ability to rapidly develop a strategic understanding of patient/customer needs.
• Ability to facilitate workshops to explore all angles of ideal UX/UI for a new product will be
• Constantly maintained understanding of what competitors are doing to stay ahead of the UX/UI
• Constantly maintained understanding of state of the art in cross-industry digital best practices
for mobile, web, device, and emerging digital interfaces