Safeguarding Global Health® - with every product we sterilize
General ManagerQueensbury, NY
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations for a specific regional area, the General Manager is responsible for the overall operation and performance of a sterilization plant. This General Manager opening is located in our Queensbury, NY facility. This is a very hands-on position overseeing the following facility functions: * Customer Service * Logistics * Maintenance * Processing * Quality Assurance * Safety Operations * Training * The facility’s current sterilization capabilities include GAMMA technologies.
• The GM communicates the company vision, motivating and sensitizing employees to the critical nature of our service; hires, retains, motivates and develops qualified personnel.
• Facilitates the interaction of all functions within the plant and with Sales.
• Works with Sales in developing customer relationships.
• Ensures that customer product is processed safely, efficiently and in accordance with specifications and procedures.
• Seeks continuous improvement in all areas of operation with a focus on safety, quality, productivity and operational efficiency, maintenance, and cost control/reduction.
• Maintains compliance with all regulatory requirements to include: FDA, OSHA and NRC; prepares annual budgets for capital and operating expenses in support of Corporate objectives and operates within budget.
• Administers and manages annual budgets for capital and operating expenses in support of corporate objectives and operates within budget.
• Represents the organization to industry groups, key customers, representatives of government and regulatory agencies.
• Drives technology development planning as required by changing market demands.
• Develops short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
• Creates and implements critical strategies to secure competitive advantage in business processes/systems, efficient workflow, cycle time reductions, supplier relationships and alliances, quality and compliance.
• Analyzes statistical data and makes decisions based on that information.
• Integrates activities between departments to solve problems associated with sustaining product, which include improvements to existing processes and tooling/equipment, and new technology.
• Interfaces with executive team members to optimize resources from each functional area including safety, finance, product development and engineering to drive results and support the manufacturing strategy.
• Practices all health and safety procedures and makes safety a top priority. Accountable for a clean, safe, environmentally responsible manufacturing operation.
• Communicates a clear vision, integrating both short- and long-term strategies, generating innovative solutions for existing and new products/processes that support our goal of world class status in sterilization and differentiate us from our competitors.
• Achieves maximum levels of productivity, ensuring that the business benefits from the lowest possible cost and best value.
• Undergraduate degree (BS) within a Science-related field.
• 5-10 years of progressive experience in a production environment, Operations or Manufacturing environment, including 3-5 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in the medical services/products industry.
• Specific experience within the Operations function of the medical device industry.
• Strong general business knowledge and a strong operations leadership background.
• Strong understanding of systems and the key drivers within an operations environment.
• Strong knowledge of compliance, quality and safety as relates to all regulatory agencies, including FDA, OSHA and NRC.
• Excellent teamwork, leadership, relationship building, mentoring, training and project management experience and skills.
• Balance of strategic and tactical thinking skills. Skilled in analyzing and drawing information for long-term strategic change and improvement for the site.
• Ability to work comfortably within a fast paced and matrixed organization.
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
• Effective leadership, judgment and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels across the entire organization.
• Results-oriented with a positive, professional attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done.
• Above average computer skills in the area of analysis using databases/spreadsheets.