Designing better care.
Space designed for a purpose. We believe that better care starts with a better designed care environment.
Firmware Engineer IDayton, OH
The Firmware Engineer I position is responsible for designing, developing, documenting and testing software systems, especially embedded systems for use within equipment or machinery.
• Design, develop and maintain embedded firmware for process controls and hardware control.
• Apply principles and techniques of embedded software engineering to accomplish goals.
• Use familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Create documentation of design to ensure software can be understood and maintained. Including, but not limited to: Architecture Drawing, Design Documents and In-code documentation.
• Perform and document verification and code review activities that demonstrate the design meets requirements. Including, but not limited to: Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing and Device functional testing.
• Interact with cross functional project teams to accomplish project/product objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field required and 2-5 years of experience in a related field preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Ability to multitask and problem solve.
• Experience with an ERP system. Oracle preferred. PLM Agile preferred.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data.
• Ability to prepare Test Protocols and Test Reports.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Strong analytical and communication skills (written & verbal).
• Ability to read engineering documents.
• Experience with software developed tools desired, specifically Eclipse based tools.
• Experience with NXP/Freescale processors desired.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
• Generate software requirements distilled from system level requirement and other sources.
• Knowledge of electronics and circuit design.
• Understanding of advanced debugging/troubleshooting techniques and working knowledge of source code control and defect tracking systems.
• Experience with software and firmware development design tools.