Chief Executive Officer
UNLOCKING LIFE THROUGH MOBILITY
Director of Research & DevelopmentAliso Viejo, CA
Video - A message from David Lalor, VP of Operations/R&D
Vertos Medical is looking for a Director to lead and manage product development cycles, including ideation, technology, and product development/advancement through team efforts, coordinating cross-functional partnerships, and ensuring team understanding and accountability to project investments and timelines.
Assume complete responsibility of projects to ensure on-time, on
budget, per plan delivery of quality products including development,
product verification, and validation testing. The leadership includes
overall design, requirement development, design for manufacturing,
and test methods.
• Develop, manage, and maintain up-to-date project timelines
inclusive of all critical milestones, key interdependencies and
resource constraints, while applying appropriate project scheduling
• Guide project team activities to meet project and business objectives
including approval of project recommendations through governance;
drive team accountability for deliverables and ensure projects meet
• Lead cross-functional team.
• Create Design History file that complies with FDA and ISO medical
• Define scope and ensure stakeholder alignment, resource and risk
management, project leadership, team development and
• Proactively identify and escalate risks and issues to relevant
stakeholders; lead development and delivery of tactical and
achievable mitigation and contingency planning.
• Deliver transparent, timely, and effective verbal and written
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
• A minimum of ten years’ relevant experience or advanced degree.
with a minimum of eight years’ relevant experience, both including a minimum of three years’ experience managing people.
• Experience in managing Class II device development programs in the medical device space with knowledge of regulatory and quality requirements.
• Experience in product development from early feasibility to commercialization and in managing complex tasks and delivering innovative solutions.
• Strong multidisciplinary background with comprehensive knowledge of systems engineering.
• Strong understanding of quality systems, regulatory requirements, development, and manufacturing processes.