Chief Executive Officer
Pharma has been helping patients heal for more than 55 years
Director of OperationsIndianapolis, IN
A VIDEO MESSAGE from Darwin Shurig, CEO and Founder
Phama Medical is looking for a Director of Operations to be responsible for the overall management, direction and coordination of all manufacturing operations in meeting production goals, while at the same time, attaining and maintaining quality, cost, customer service, EHS and personnel management objectives.
•Directs the manufacture of products at lowest cost, consistent withestablished specifications as to quality and attainment of all shipment goals.
•Responsible for the preparation of all capital equipment and expense budgetsand the maintenance and coordination of these financial estimates and plans.
•Responsible for selection and procurement of capital equipment necessary tomaintain facilities in a competitive position, as well as having ultimateresponsibility for cost reduction and control programs while maintaining fullutilization of manufacturing capacities.
•Responsible for protection and utilization of physical resources andsafeguarding of all company assets.
•Responsible for managing GMP’s, quality initiatives and systems, as well asmeeting various governmental certifications to include, but not limited to,FDA, etc.
•Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful working environment, toinclude environmental protection compliance, coordination of safetyprograms, including safety & health compliance and fire safety.
•Responsible for managing all professional and hourly subordinates inaccordance with established corporate human resource practices.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of all manufacturing processes to produce quality products.
• Responsible for preparation and management of estimates and manpower levels, to include direct-to-indirect ratios and facilities requirement forecasts.
• Responsible for business continuity planning and all financial planning for the site.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or Masters degree preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment where quality standards and production processes are managed utilizing state-of-the art methodologies.
• A proven record of achievement as a manufacturing/operations leader from a manufacturer of medical products, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology products preferred.
• A thorough understanding and vision in manufacturing, to include equipment, process economics, technology, quality and maintenance systems, financial & control mechanisms, human resources, manufacturing management, new product & process development, and total quality management.
• Thorough understanding of total quality management programs, as well as familiarity with GMP’s and FDA regulations preferred.
• Capable of quickly generating a high degree of respect from the various operating departments of the business unit, as well as the ability to mobilize and align people throughout the organization to deliver top performance and meet key commitments and the ability to articulate and excite others toward the fulfillment of a vision for the business.
• Ability to manage and synthesize information, can see the “big picture,” ability to analyze and identify critical factors and directions in the formulation for strategic and tactical plans.
• Proven managerial capabilities, to include outstanding people skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels and functions both within and outside the organization.
• Must be highly intelligent, analytical, articulate and have a highly motivated approach to the position.
• A mature executive demeanor and bearing, in addition to corporate-level presentation and communication skills.
• Results oriented team player with the ability and understanding of how to operate in a dynamic growth-oriented global organization.
• Capable of growing with the organization/or being promoted to a more responsible assignment