Manufacturing and Operations Consultant
Premium Medical Devices & Instruments From Concept to Launch
Director of Manufacturing Engineering - Greenwood, IN
Video with Hiring Manager
The Manufacturing Engineering Director will Lead professional associates with a common goal to improve the process & equipment reliability of current and future operational processes. The person chosen for this position will also be a key contributor to a larger plant leadership team whose goals and objectives are to pursue higher levels of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Costs & Employees.
Sustaining & Operational Excellence Engineering
- Lead & Mentor Engineers & Technicians within Lean Manufacturing principles (A3/DMAIC) through the setting of clear objectives, evaluation against objectives, & instilling a performance-oriented culture.
- Coach & oversee Project Leaders to ensure high-quality and on-time projects to meet customer & organizational commitments.
- Coordinates & Drives business improvements including scrap, FPY and CLA initiatives along with driving COGS improvements.
- Coaches & Mentors Cross-functional teams within Manufacturing
- Provides ownership & guidance on process design & technical direction to engineering staff.
- Responsible for meeting department financial performance
Responsible for seeking out & determining the Best Technologies to support overall future business strategies to improve on Quality, Delivery & Cost.
- Ensures that breakdowns or disruptions in the production processes are minimized with a focus on safe, productive, and pleasant working environment.
- Supervises leads, & inspires a team of subordinates to efficiently achieve departmental objectives through daily planning & scheduling.
- Manages department spending and performance, initiates programs and procedures to reduce spending and enhance performance.
- Participates & leads in the selection of equipment evaluation & proposals.
- Determines skill gaps and defines training to bridge any gaps within the department.
Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
Competencies/Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite & ERP systems.
- Experience with implementation of LEAN Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Experience with Project Management including planning & execution.
- Experience with Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience mentoring and Team development.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field from an accredited University (advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Engineering Managing within Medical Device Industry with CNC & Sheetmetal fabrication. (Industrial Exp)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing manufacturing processes for Medical Device Industry with CNC and Sheetmetal fabrication equipment.